Sunday, December 19, 2010

Pre-Christmas activities

Texas does have fall foliage! Leaves may not turn til a few weeks before Christmas but that just means the Christmas weather is crisp and cool at night and pleasant during the daytime. Gotta love these Texas winters!
The night after the Giesinger Nutcracker (previous posting) Karen and I listened to the Montgomery Chorale's Christmas concert. The music enhances the Christmas spirit, the voices are impressive and best of all, it is held only a few minutes from my house! No need to drive to downtown Houston to listen to a Christmas concert!
The third highlight of my Christmas social season (Giesinger Nutcracker and Chorale Christmas concert being the first two, only in order of events, not in order of best to not-so-best!) was the retired teachers' Christmas luncheon private party event at Outback Steakhouse. Good food at an inexpensive cost, only 10 minutes from my house, and I won a doorprize, a beautiful poinsettia decorated for Christmas season.
Lillie and Karen and I sat together, but Karen must have ducked when the picture was taken!
Immediately after the luncheon I picked up Mom at the airport, and we made a twin visit on our way back to Conroe. Claire was scared of Mimi at first, but Jake seemed to take to her right away!

No comments:

Post a Comment