Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Day of Twin-sitting

The week after Thanksgiving I got to spend a day with the twins. It is so entertaining to watch them, each with their different personalities. Claire seems to have very definite ideas about what she wants to do, and Jake is very satisfied with whatever is going on. Jake loves to open and close things - doors, cabinets, drawers. Claire will help him, but doesn't initiate that behavior on her own. But she sure likes to take things out of drawers! Claire got into a drawer in a small chest next to the glider in the nursery, and before I could finish changing Jake, she had a nursing bra and pads out all over the floor. Then Jake got his turn and he pulled out a container of something to do with nursing! Jake played splash in the kitty water bowl. Claire wanted houseshoes on her feet. You can see them in the video below. Claire generally wanted whatever Jake had in his hands. Jake liked having me hold his hand and help him walk. When he took a step by himself, he had such a grin of accomplishment while I clapped and cheered for him. They both liked being held in the glider after naptime for awhile. And I have mastered the art of picking up both of them at the same time. But since they can hold on to me now, it is a bit easier than when they were infants. I stepped out of the nursery for a second to look for pacifiers, and when I got back into the room, they had found the ONE device plugged into an outlet, the baby monitor transmitter. I unplugged it and put it in one of the cribs. Later on Claire managed to reach into the crib and pull it out and brought it to me. They both had big grins on their faces, with a "look what I got that you didn't want me to get" expression.

Claire loves the remote, or any other handheld electrical device. Jake snacks on goldfish. They are watching Sesame Street on the TV.

Claire liked to reach out and touch the wagon wheel as we rolled along. I told her to be careful, and she let go of that side, then reached to the wheel on the other side and touched that one!
Claire liked to put the sippy cups in the drink holders.
Video of Claire getting on and off a riding toy.



Taking the twins for a ride in their wagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment