Friday, December 10, 2010

Giesinger Nutcracker

Last night Lillie and I went to see the Nutcracker - the 20th year of the Nutcracker as presented by the Giesinger Elementary 4th grade. This year it was held at Conroe High School auditorium. And why you ask, did I attend this? Because I opened Giesinger Elementary as a 4th grade teacher in 1990 and my son Jason was the first Nutcracker. After 8 years of assisting with the 4th grade Nutcracker performances, I moved on to another campus. But this 20th year was special, and a lot of former Giesinger staff and students were on hand to watch. The kids did a magnificent job!
Lillie and I met 2 friends, Dana and Ellen, for dinner at Salt Grass before the performance. We had a great time catching up on old times and updating current events in our lives.
Before the show started, we visited with Bonnie, the first principal of Giesinger, and Mrs. Giesinger (on the right below) who Giesinger Elementary was named for. The auditorium was quite full of parents, former students and teachers from Giesinger.
The 4th graders take the stage.
The Nutcracker, Marie and the Sugar Plum Fairy.
My son Jason as the first Giesinger Nutcracker 20 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment