Bill wanted to make a weekend trip to Dallas to help his son Brent with some work on Brent's house, painting and replacing doors and trim and various other updates. I went along for the ride and actually helped paint 2 walls with primer.

I also spent part of Saturday and Sunday visiting with Jason and family and my sister Diane. John and I had a great time. We played chase in the back yard, rolled around in the grass, took a wagon ride down to the pond and examined every ornament on the Christmas tree up close and personal. I also watched John help his Dad with some work under the kitchen sink and then work on the doorbell that involved climbing a ladder, which John can do quite well! I watched him climb up the ladder on his slide and slide down. He also showed me how he can ride his little Harley toy motorcycle, forwards and backwards. John always seems so glad to see me, I'm sure Ashley and Jason prime him for my visits!
John helps Jason fix a leak under the sink.

John showed me how strong the supports are on the back patio, he can't even budge them!

John showed me how he can stand on a step-stool and wash and dry his own hands. He has a step in the bathroom and another one in the kitchen.

Taylor has quite a few happy expressions, even if she isn't laughing yet, she will be soon. She likes to be held, and Jason carried her around on his shoulder like a sack of potatoes, and she was sound asleep the whole time! When I arrived on Saturday, Taylor was sleeping in her crib. When she awoke crying, John came and grabbed my hand and took me Taylor's room to take care of her. Ashley was in there right behind me, but I felt good that John trusted me to help out too!

Taylor has inherited Claire's nap nanny, and seemed to like having her bottle in it. Ashley liked it because it left her a free hand to hold John or do whatever!

JanMa, John and Taylor just hanging out in Taylor's room.

John shows his motorcycle riding technique, forwards and backwards!
No comments:
Post a Comment