Monday, July 5, 2010

Charlie dog - Week 1

Charlie dog is vacationing at my house for most of July, while his family vacations in Colorado. hmmmmmm.... but he is having a good time on his vacation. He and I have bonded quite well, and he follows me everywhere I go around the house and in the yard.
In the living room, he sits on the couch, he follows me upstairs to my office, and at night sleeps under my bed.
July 4 when the fireworks were going off, he wanted next to me and under the blanket.
Outside, he stays pretty close to me.
He won't go outside by himself, so I go out with him. Sometimes we walk down the block and back.
And he likes to hang around the pool, if I am out there with him.
He likes Lillie too.
He has learned to go in and out the kitty window to the courtyard, and I thought I had blocked it off so he couldn't get out of the courtyard. The very first day he was here, I left him in the house and went to the store. When I got home, he met me in the driveway. I watched him later on get out of the courtyard, and have now blocked it off even more!
He is a good car rider, and went with me one day to see the twins and visit Bill.
In the twins playroom...
At Bill's house...
He also went with Bill and me out to Hooks airport...
Sitting in the cockpit of the Archer II is as close as he has come to flying with us.
I let Charlie try out the pool, don't think he liked it much.
So this was Charlie's first week of vacation at JanMa's house. He is having fun, and wonders who Sylvie is....

2 comments:

  1. He is having WAY more fun with you than he did with me! I am going to have to bring Baxter by to play. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Charlie knows how to have fun. Who knew? We cannot thank you enough for showing him a good time! Love you, Jan!

    ReplyDelete