My friend Lillie first mentioned that he looked like a Jack Russell after watching him one morning while we were in the pool. As I swam from one end of the pool to the other, Charlie followed me around the side of the pool. She commented that he always knew were I was, even when I was underwater. So he was smart, and had a lot of Jack Russell coloring and markings.
I dismissed it, since I was sure Charlie was a mutt. Plus he has a lot of straggly hair, and I thought Jack Russells all had smooth hair.
But NO. That very same afternoon, a neighbor was walking by and asked if Charlie was a brush coat Jack Russell. She told me that brush coat means they have longer and rougher hair in places. Well that sent me to Google, the authority on everything. After doing some reading about rough coat Jack Russells, and trace hair, I have concluded that Charlie is a full pedigree rough coat Jack Russell terrier.
This is Charlie in my backyard, notice the straggly looking hair around his collar area.
Charlie again, note trace hair around his face.
Charlie again, under the bed covers, where he likes to go sometimes when it is stormy outside.
This explains SO MUCH! His delicate nature, check. His need to stand on top of us, check. His constantly expressing his need for a crown, check! Wow, it all falls into place now. We are going to start calling him "your highness" immediately, and maybe we'll finally save up for that little suit of armor he's always wanted. You really are the BEST dog sitter ever. EVER.
ReplyDelete