Monday, July 5, 2010

Post July 4th

The weeks after July 4 are falling into a lazy summer routine, sleeping late, doing some JanMa's Digital Memories work, and daily swimming and naps. Charlie dog is still with me on his vacation, and he is sleeping a lot also. I did buy the twins a wading pool and and a new walker, all in separate twin posting.

I am working my way through scanning about 2500 slides for a client in Irving, Tx. She has been cleaning out closets and this is the second set of slides she sent me. The first set I did for her last summer, about 1500 slides. These date from 1960's to 1992.

I am still using a front mounted snorkel for swimming. I also use a swim cap, goggles and a nose clip. The laps are shorter in my pool compared to the Rec Center pool, but I think my water is a lot cleaner! Plus it is salt-generated chlorine and not chemical chlorine. Water is clear, fresh and doesn't smell like chlorine, nor does it fade the swimsuits.
Video Lillie took of me starting my swim. My arms feel really strong these days. But the tummy is retaining the flab, no matter how much I swim! Guess crunches really are critical!



Bill has been gone a lot, more trips to islands, either north (Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket) or south (Anguilla, in the Caribbean). We have set up Skype on his new computer, and have skyped while he sits out in the open air cafe at the hotel and enjoys the beach breezes. Below is his view of the Caribbean from the outdoor cafe. Pretty view, but still hot and humid he says.
So the dog days of summer hang heavy and naps are the order of the day during the hot afternoons, for ALL of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment