Monday, August 10, 2009
missing work...
OK, this is not a "I wish I was going to work today" kind of missing work. This is a "work is a distraction that I need right now" kind of thing. When I returned from Dallas, my big yellow cat Lucky, a stray I've had since he was 3 weeks old, was and is still missing. I have hunted the woods, knocked on doors, put out signs, and visited the animal shelter. I wake up many times a night to check for him, feel ill with worry, and depressed. If I had to get up and go to work, I would be distracted from those feelings for part of the day, plus I would have others to invite to my pity party. Not working gives me the entire day to wallow in my depression and misery. So here's to Lucky... I miss him and hope he shows back up at home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Would you like to volunteer? If so, have I got a deal for you! It has been NUTS. If it weren't for Alicia and Hilda, I'd have lost it. Ashely is gone for two weeks, so Eduphoria is without a master, except I'm pretty sure Alicia really knows it in and out!
ReplyDeletePoor Mr. Lucky. I hope he's okay. I lost my precious Suster cat the same way. :'-(
I am still holding out hope that Lucky will come home. Bailey came home after being gone 2 weeks and won't venture further that 50 feet from the back door now.
ReplyDelete