Tuesday, August 25, 2009
First Day of School
Monday, Aug. 24, the first day of school, and the first time in 30 years I have NOT been at work, greeting new students when I was a teacher, and dealing with technical problems when I worked with technology. This day, as I lay in bed and listened to an early school bus go by, I truly for the first time felt RETIRED. I could do as I wished, all day long!! I went to WalMart and gawked at the lack of shoppers. I smiled and relished having my own business as I looked at office supplies. I had a leisurely swim, fixed a light lunch, took a nap, worked on a video project for JanMa, picked up Max at Milam and swam with him til Amy got there to pick him up. Then down to Bill's house for sausage and steak on the grill and watched the final episode of the Closer. It was a great day, and I can keep on doing as I wish for days to come. Retirement really is great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I wish we could trade for a week . . . or two or three. I'm exhausted. :-( Thank you VERY much for getting Max. He was so tired! Last night he fell asleep in his clothes and we couldn't wake him up. He didn't get up until this morning at 8.
ReplyDelete