John and Taylor came to visit, along with Mommy and Daddy, and to have a pre-Thanksgiving dinner with friends in the Woodlands. The kids got to be the first to spend the night on my new mattresses on the loaner trundle beds from their Aunt Jennifer. I had Spiderman sheets for John, and butterflies and flowers for Taylor. John especially seemed to like his Spiderman bed.
Jason enjoys showing John some things from his past, like these old football posters with Jason's picture on them. Below is a picture of Jason from his senior year.
Then Jason got out a few of his old drums and played them for us, or at least for John. He also wanted Ashley to hear how loud things used to be at our house. I found an old picture of Jason as a drummer with the drums set up in our
house. It was quite loud, but I was teaching elementary school during those years, and I was so tired when I got home I could nap through anything, even drum practice!
We spent an hour or so at Mimi's house while Jason replaced a bathroom light fixture. So we went for a ride on the golf cart. Both kids got to help drive, as you can see in the video below.
Early next morning, John built a few towers out of blocks,...
while Taylor played with a singing dancing gerbil. She has a 13 year old look in her 2 year old body!
I had a great time while they were here, and can't wait to see them again, at the Polar Express train ride to the North Pole.
No comments:
Post a Comment